July 21, 2021
LeRoy Oakes Forest Preserve, St. Charles, Illinois
The results are in:
And some photos!
|Summer Sunset 5K Age Group Records|
|Male Runners||Female Runners|
|0-14||16:53||Lukas Verzbikas (2007)||0-14||19:00||Daphne Kolody (2014)|
|15-19||15:28||Andrew McQuillan (2003)||15-19||17:49||Farah Jadran (2003)|
|20-24||14:53||Dan Huling (2004)||20-24||17:30||Marlene Key (2005)|
|25-29||15:10||Joe Parks (2005)||25-29||18:26||Jennifer Parks (2005)|
|30-34||15:26||Emisael Favela (2010)||30-34||18:46||Kelly Kaminski (2002)|
|35-39||15:05||Charlie Kern (2005)||35-39||19:03||Louise Seliger (2001)|
|40-44||16:14||Todd Moxley (2008)||40-44||18:08||Christen Meyer (2005)|
|45-49||16:05||Ron Piro (2002)||45-49||18:57||Christine Lipa (2005)|
|50-54||16:28||Ron Piro (2005)||50-54||19:21||Elena Shemyakina (2009)|
|55-59||17:56||Rick Stetson (2003)||55-59||19:02||Elena Shemyakina (2014)|
|60-64||17:42||Rick Stetson (2004)||60-64||21:26||Elena Shemyakina (2019)|
|65-69||21:27||Warren Moulds (2001)||65-69||25:35||Jeanne Raynett (2007)|
|70-99||22:32||Warren Moulds (2004)||70-99||27:02||Lois Gilmore (2005)|
|Jamie LaForce Youth Mile Age Group Records|
|0-7||6:30||Joaquin Miranda (2011)||0-7||6:18||Diane Lipa (2006)|
|8-9||5:37||Jack James (2010)||8-9||5:55||Natalya Schleebs (2004)|
|10-12||5:20||Quinn Farley (2007)||10-12||5:49||Noelle Junig (2018)|
|2011||Age Group||Age Group|
|2010||Age Group||Age Group|
|2009||Age Group||Age Group|
|2008||Age Group||Age Group|
|2007||Age Group||Age Group|
|2006||Age Group||Age Group|
|2005||Age Group||Age Group|
|2004||Age Group||Age Group|
|2003||Age Group||Age Group|
|2001||Age Group||Age Group|
About the Event – 24th Annual – Getting Back to Normal!
The Summer Sunset 5K and Youth 1 Mile events are hosted by the Fox River Trail Runners to raise funds for the FRTR Youth Scholarship Fund and local charities. Since the scholarship fund inception, we have given out numerous scholarships annually. In 2019, we provided over 20 scholarships to local youth who demonstrated great academics, volunteering in their communities and of course their love for all things running! We ask, if you are able, to continue to support this cause and give a donation above the entrance fee for the race.
Join us at beautiful LeRoy Oakes Forest Preserve for a fun filled family night of racing. The evening schedule includes the following events held at and around the Big Red Barn!
Youth Race Age Limits and Distances
We have three races for our younger runners.
- Youth Mile – age 12 and under – a flat and fast one mile
- Junior Jog – age 9 and under – 400 meters
- Toddler Trot – age 5 and under – a 100 Meter dash
Parents are welcome to join their toddlers
Fees, Swag and Charity
Please note that your registration fee is for the races only. During the registration process, you will have an option to purchase a race shirt. Shirts will only be available if you register by July 5, 2021 – 11:59 PM
Proceeds from this event go towards the FRTR Youth Scholarship Fund.
5K – (All ages) FRTR Members: $18, Non-Members: $23
Youth Mile (ages 12 & under) $15.00
Junior Jog (ages 9 & under) $5.00
Toddler Trot (ages 5 & under) $5.00
Packet Pick Up
- Tuesday, July 20 from 4 – 6 PM at Geneva Running Outfitters
- Wednesday, July 21 from 5:30 to 6:30 PM at Race Village located at the big red barn at LeRoy Oakes!
- Race Day registration will also be available from 5:30 to 6:30 PM
Guideline to Running Virtually in our Race!
Below are details on running our virtual race!
- Run anytime between July 20 and July 21, 2021
- Choose your own course
- Most importantly… have fun and enjoy the time outside!
Follow these easy steps to prepare for your tracking:
1. Download the ASICS Runkeeper™ app to your phone and create an account or scroll down to log into an existing account
2. Follow this link and click “Start Virtual Run” button to add the 2021 Virtual Summer Sunset 5K & 1 Mile to your in-app virtual events
3. To record your run between July 20th and July 21st, simply click the flag icon in your app, select the 2021 Virtual Summer Sunset 5K & 1 Mile and follow prompts to start recording
Once you have completed your 5k distance in the app, save your workout and it will automatically post to Race Roster results.
Viewing and Posting Your Time and Results
If you plan to record using another software or tracking device or post manually from what is recorded on your watch, simply head to “Submit Virtual Result” between July 20th and July 21st, 2021.
- To record with tracking on the ASICS Runkeeper™ app, you will need to run or walk with your phone or with a connected wearable (see instructions below)
- You do not have to track with these technologies, it is optional!
- More detailed end-to-end instructions (with images) for using the ASICS Runkeeper™ app to track your virtual event are linked here
- Instructions to link a recent activity recorded on a FitBit, Garmin, or Apple Watch linked here
- Steps to connect your FitBit, Garmin, or Apple Watch to the Runkeeper™ app are linked here
- Steps to manually post your results on Race Roster (not using the app) are linked here
If you have any technical questions, please reply to this email and the Race Roster team will support you. Take pictures out there! get creative with your finish line – share your images and stories with us in the FRTR Facebook group and tag us on social!
We look forward to seeing your name on the results board. Remember that you can run, walk, roll, or skip your distance.
- July 20, 4:00 – 6:00 PM – Pre Race Packet Pick Up at Geneva Outfitters
- July 21, 5:30 PM – Race Day Registration/Packet Pick Up
- July 21, 6:15 PM – Jamie LaForce Youth Mile starts
- July 21, 6:30 PM – Junior Jog starts – 400m
- July 21, 6:45 PM – Toddler Trot starts – 100m
- July 21, 7:05 PM – Summer Sunset 5K starts
If you would like additional information contact us via e-mail at email@example.com