A Few Words About our Weekly Group Runs
- While we would love for you to become a member you do NOT need to be a member to join us; our runs are open to all
- No signup is needed, just show up. If you introduce yourself to the group leader s/he can help orient you to the group
- We are all paces. Every run somebody is done first and somebody is done last 🙂
- We start as a group and then it breaks off into smaller groups based upon paces/distance desired
- If you’re new to running and need advice or an old pro looking for new ideas, Fox River Trail Runners offers coach led training. See our training page for more information
Wednesday – We Run Year Round – 6:00 p.m.
Run the route for the distance of your choosing then join us at a local restaurant for food and beverage. Meet times may be adjusted during the year to compensate for day length. Check Calendar for times. For further information contact the Wednesday Group Run Site Coordinator, Mark Wiitanen.
Spring/Summer/Early Fall Location
Great Western Trail in St. Charles during the Spring, Summer and Fall. Runners meet at the Pavilion on the South side of Dean Street opposite the old entrance to Leroy Oakes Forest Preserve (closed off with yellow gate). Here’s a map to the meeting place Spring/Summer/Early Fall runs.
Late Fall/Winter Location
We meet in parking lot behind BMO Harris Bank in downtown Batavia and run along the Fox River Trail to Geneva and back. Here’s a map of the route. If the trail is too treacherous from ice/snow, our alternate route goes through Batavia streets/neighborhoods.
Saturday & Sunday – We Run Year Round
April to Mid-October, Saturday 6:30 a.m., Sunday 7:00 a.m.
Last two weeks of October, Saturday and Sunday 7:00 a.m.
November to March, Saturday and Sunday 7:30 a.m.
Distances vary from 3 miles to whatever people want that day. All paces welcome. For more information, contact one of our Group Run Site Coordinators Regan Miers or Lynda Radman. Connect with us on the club’s Facebook page and watch for updates on running locations and times.
We meet and start our run at the pavilion down the hill from the Fabyan Windmill at the Fabyan East Forest Preserve, 1500 Crissey Ave/IL Route 25, Geneva, IL.
During winter when it’s snowy and icy, we meet at the Ledermen Science Center at Fermi Lab. Check our Facebook page or your email for the latest information about where we’ll meet based on current conditions.