Inclement Weather Policy
All persons are encouraged to consider their individual ability, comfort and safety when choosing to run outdoors with possible rain and storm conditions. Please note, safety will be the primary focus of weather related decisions. FRTR will consider present conditions as well as probable conditions at the time of the club group run or event.
You may use the below as a general guideline to determine the status of Saturday and Sunday group running in the spring/summer/fall – typically April to October.
Run location Windmill (RT 25/Crissey Ave, Fabyan Windmill, Fabyan Forest
Preserve, Geneva IL)
The following weather conditions may force changes in start time, location or cancel run.
- Lightning strikes within 6 miles – Watch for posting of cancellation or delay at least 30 minutes. The run will begin once lightning has cleared the area.
- High heat or humidity – Watch for posting or emails(training group) to identify adjusted meeting times. Often the run will be adjusted to start at 6:00 or 6:30 a.m.
- Tornado watch or warning – Watch for posting. This will likely result in cancellation of the group run depending on timing.
- Flooding/flash flood warnings – Watch for posting. Flooding would cause a possible change in meeting location and running routes, but usually does not result in cancellation.
- Winds in excess of 25 mph may result in cancel of run however, runners should use their own judgement if they decide to run that day.
Start times are subject to change. Refer to the FRTR Facebook group page for all posted group run updates. All location updates and time changes will be posted to the Facebook pages and noted on the calendar within.
If you are engaged in the Spring or Fall Endurance Training programs you will receive email updates from FRTR training or coaches. These emails may include updates to meeting time and advisements on cautions for expected weather conditions.
If you have any questions on this policy please contact the FRTR club president.