Running a Spring Half Marathon or other race?
Join the Fox River Trail Runners Spring Endurance Training Program
Come Train With Us
- Our flexible training programs can be used for any Spring Half Marathon or other race
- We offer three training plans: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced.
- Our programs are led by RRCA Certified Running Coaches
- Group long runs and group hill/track work
Training begins Monday, February 14, and the first long run is scheduled for Saturday, February 19th at 7:00 am at the Fabyan Windmill. We will send a confirmation email earlier those weeks in the event there is a change in place and time. If you are running a half and your long runs start before this date please join us for one or our regular Saturday Group Runs
Coached and Non Coached Options
Our coaches are available to help you achieve your goals. If you are running our Great Western Half and you sign up for training you will automatically be assigned a coach (use at your discretion). If you are running another event you can choose coach or non-coached when you register for training. If coached our coaches will:
- Help with any minor modifications to your training plan (I am going to be out of town on x days and not able to run. How should I adjust?)
- Available via email for any questions you might have
- Will review comments you make on actual workouts, responding as needed
Of course our coaches are available to all participants during group runs for questions
I’m in! What will this cost me?
If you are running the Great Western Half you sign up for training as part of race registration. The cost of the training program will be added to the race registration fee.
|Date||FRTR Members||Non Members|
|Now — Mar 31||$20||$20|
|For all other spring halves|
|For all 10Ks|
If you are running our Great Western Half Marathon you can sign up for training when you register for the race.
If you are running a different half you can learn more and register here.
Still have questions? Contact our Training Coordinator Nicole Knecht.