The Fox River Trail Runners (FRTR) maintains and promotes the club Race Circuit (members only) to encourage participation in races, promote friendly competition, and to recognized club members for their efforts. The club establishes the racing circuit, records race results and calculates a score based upon these results, weighs these scores and participation against established criteria for awards, and finally distributes the awards to their deserving recipients at end of racing season.
2022 Circuit Schedule
The circuit races are selected to represent established, well managed races popular with club members at a variety of distances. Mostly races close to the Fox Valley / Western Suburbs area are selected for traveling convenience, but other significant events and some CARA Runner’s Choice races are included because of the level of interest of club members.
New for 2022, Ad Hoc Marathons (Limit of 2) as selected by you. Run any marathon you like, Boston, Chicago, Big Sky… your choice and the race will count towards the race circuit. There is a two marathon Ad Hoc limit. You must email verification of marathon completion to email@example.com
Although we make every effort to accurately maintain the information listed on the Race Circuit, mistakes and/or changes may occur. Please make sure to verify the information with each intended race on an individual basis before acting upon. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any Circuit changes.
Last update: April 21, 2022, 3:30pm
The Race Circuit Results Team, composed of several club members, scours the circuit race results for current FRTR member names and records their results. Race Circuit Results are posted in running tally on a spreadsheet on our web site within a week or so of the race dates. Age graded scores are assigned from a complicated calculation that normalizes race time by comparing runner time to the world record for runner age expressed as a percent. This factor is used to calculate an age-graded result, which can be compared with athletes of different ages. See the web-based calculator tool maintained by World Masters Athletics for details. This effort is a daunting task, and club runners can be missed.
If missed in the scoring, please email email@example.com with the race ran, member age, and member results and we will get them recorded so you get credit.
An Awards Banquet is held at the end of the racing season at which the circuit awards are distributed to those who earned them.
Circuit Award Criteria is based upon 2 general categories; Performance and Participation. Performance recognition is based age graded scores and prizes are given highest scores and for most improvement year to year. Participation awards are based on the number of circuit races run.
- All performance awards are based on age graded scores.
- Age is the runner’s age on the date of the race.
- Seven circuit races minimum are required to qualify for all performance awards. The best 7 are used to calculate the average age grade and for most improved calculations.
- Most improved is based on the age graded score average from the previous year compared to the current year for runners with at least 7 races in both years. For new members and those with less than 7 races in the previous year, the first 3 races from the current year will be compared to the last 3 of the current year.
- Top overall male and female age graded score (not eligible for other age graded performance awards).
- 1st age graded score in each age group female and male. Your age on June 30th determines your age group.
- The next (up to 10) best age graded scores (depending on the number of runners qualified with 7 races). The additional up to 10 will be regardless of age group or gender.
- Top 3 female and top 3 males overall most improved age graded scores.
- Awards based on number of circuit races completed.
- Special recognition prizes to the 5 to 10 runners with the most races run. The number of awards depends on where the breaks in race counts occur and ties.
- Recognition of all runners that ran 5 or more races.
- Random drawing based on one ticket per race run for about 3 high value prizes. Must be present to win.
The process of determining the award winners and acquiring prizes will be managed by the Race Circuit Results Team. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.